Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Shortest Summer of My Life

Holy Cow, I can't believe it's August already. This summer has gone by way too fast. Here in Michigan some of the trees are already turning from green to golden yellow. It's even a bit chilly in the morning and evenings. So we are taking advantage of every warm summer day we have left by going on fun little outings around the Detroit area. One day we went up to Sterling Heights and met our good friend Jean for the day who was visiting her sister in law from SLC. It was so fun to chat about the good ol' day in Phoenix.


Congratulations to Miss Mylee who, for the most part, now uses real silverware at the dinner table all by herself. She's such a big girl. Mylee has also been heard saying new words like "Grandma, Grandpa, Hello, Good by, Cookie and thank you". It's so cute. We've had a lot of fun here in Michigan, but now it's time to prepare for our next destination, Tacoma, WA. I'm sure it will be just as fun and entertaining.
By the way, do you like my new due? It's actually a funny story. Basically I wasn't very happy with the haircut from the salon, so later that night I asked Austin to help me fix it and he gave me a great new look. So if this podiatry thing doesn' t work out we know he could be great hairstylist. Oh and thanks to my awesome friend Emily for helping me give my blog a great facelift. I'm so excited about it. I might even write on my blog more often. Okay, now I'm done

2 comments:

heddomarie said...

Your going to Tacoma? I went there this summer and I just love it! I bet you will too! How great you've been able to see all these cool places!

Blake Bench said...

I miss seeing you guys around! I'm glad you posted again. Your new haircut is gorgeous! Great work Austin! Tiff you look good! Mylee is growing so fast! What a doll she is! I hope everything is going good for you in Michigan and that you feel welcome and can make some great lifelong friends. I'm sure you will.