Sunday, September 28, 2008

Downtown Philly

I'm so excited to be in Philadelphia. There is so much history here and we're so close to NYC and Washington D.C. We were going to go to NYC this weekend, but it was too rainy, and we wanted to see NY at it's very best. So we decided to check out some of the many cool sights right here in Phili.

Of coarse we had to visit the famous Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. There is such a quiet reverence in that building as you think about what actually took place there over 200 years ago. Afterwards we took a charming carriage ride with our friends around the surrounding areas. Mylee was asleep for most of the ride, but boy was she delighted to wake up in a horse drawn carriage.

In honor of my cool brother Brittan we had to get a picture at the famouse statue of Rock Balboa at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It was truly a special moment as we ran up the steps of the museum and raised our arms in the air with pride when we reached the top.

By the way, it was my sexy husband's Birthday yesterday. 27 on the 27th, ironic, huh. Happy Birthday hun. Make a new friend today.

8 comments:

Jeff Olsen said...

I am so jealous! Oh and BTW if you don't want everyone to know your not from around Philly, It's called "Center City" not Downtown. Just a tip.

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

It is so fun to see what you are up to! It looks like you've been able to experience and see so many neat things!! We are jealous!

Sandy said...

hey this is sooo cool I didn't know that you have a blog. I have one too as I see you have added me however I need your e-mail so you can view mine. send it to bubbles_an_candy@hotmail.com
I am so excited to keep in touch with you.

Kurtis and Iva said...

How cool to be back east. You are having quite the adventure!

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

You guys have so much fun! I had no idea that the legendary Rocky Balboa trained in Phili! Where in the world have I been on my pertinent historical facts? I thought Mylee's feet were yours in the picture and was just astounded at how gigantic Rocky's feet were. Happy Birthday, Austin!! Hope you made a new friend!

Peck Family said...

Happy Birthday Sexy Husband :)
Looks like you guys are having a great time and LOVE that you went to the Rocky site Logan would LOVE LOVE that! Keep on keeping on. Nice to chat with you the other day :)

Hansen's Fantastic Five! said...

Hey guys! Almost there...and we've just begun! Are these the places of all of Austins rotations? Looks like a lot of fun but im sure very busy! We are doing great! This whole new medical school life is very different and has taken some getting used too! We are loving Iowa though and feeling settled. If you are ever around this way let us know! take care!

danielandjamaica said...

Hope you had a good time in NYC. I posted you on my blog, check yourself out when you get a chance!