Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Washington DC

Am I alowed to do more than one post in one day? I just thought it would be less confusing to do two different ones rather than one big boring one since I haven't been able to update for a while.

I know it sounds like we're crazy kids who just travel all the time, but this is just a one time deal so we're trying to have as many adventures as we can because we don't know if we'll ever get to do this much ever again. We have been truly fortunate to have been able to visit these places and I can't thank enough all those that have helped us on our way. Whether it was a bed to sleep in or food on the table or just someone to hang out chat with I am truly grateful for you all and I hope I can do the same for another someday.


So here we are at our nation's capital. Austin's never been here so it was my pleasure to show him around a bit even though it was about 9 years since I've been here. We got to see and do pretty much all you can do in a day, but I would recommend more than one day to try and do everything. Here's a little photo journal of our day:

First stop, the Lincoln Memorial.





Washington Monument and the famous Mall, not that kind of mall



One of the beautiful waterfalls featured at the FDR Memorial


Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian, Houston, we have a problem.

The Capital Building. Wow!


Where George Bush lives

The Library of Congress, Beautiful!

The incredible Washington DC Temple and Visitor center. Burrrrrrr

5 comments:

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

What a fun time you're having! We are jealous of all of your travels!! Hope you're doing well!!

heddomarie said...

yeah you guys are lucky ducks getting to travel so much and with a kid.. how do you do it? :) Looks like tons of fun.

Hansen's Fantastic Five! said...

How fun to see our historic east coast. What a fun adventure! Is this part of Austins rotations?? Or did you guys get some time off and enjoying it to the fullest?

Haven said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love DC's historical sites.

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

Like I say every time-- How fun!!! You guys have so many adventures and I love that you document it so well with pics (I love all your outfits ;)). You need to go on a weekend adventure down here in Florida! We won't be here much longer!