Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life in Residency


So far we've been in Indiana for about 2 and half months and the realities of life are settling in. You assume that once you get to residency you're home free and it's a breeze from here on, but that's a major misconception. It's just as hard or harder then school, the only difference is you actually get paid to work hard but not as much as you really deserve. I have to give my husband a lot of credit. I don't think I could work 16 hour days and still be in such a good mood. The difference now is that he's doing what he loves and that's all that matters. It makes it a lot easier for me as his wife to be supportive and understanding.
Funny Mylee story: So I think Mylee is getting ready for potty training but I'm not quite ready to make that kind of commitment, so she has officially appointed Skipper our dog to teach her. Twice now I've caught her outside with her diaper off in the grass squatting just like Skipper "going potty". I guess I better step in before it's too late or I'll have to clean up two sets of poop off my lawn.

4 comments:

The Draxler Days said...

Tiff, I miss you like crazy. I am so glad to hear that life has challenges and hard times for all of us. I feel like it is so easy to look at other peoples lives and think everything is perfect and they never have struggles...we just don't know about them! :) Glad we always have so much love and support to get through whatever! On the potty training front....Jaxon and I are currently battling. I wish that he wanted to and was excited about it. Hopefully it will happen soon!

Mel said...

AMEN!!!! It really is long hours and little pay. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, right? Oh well, two months down at least.

Hipple Family said...

That is such a cute and funny story about Mylee.......good luck with potty training! Good times:)
I am glad your in a house and settled. It is hard when husbands are gone so much! Hang in there!

Angie said...

Good luck with residency! I wouldn't be able to be happy when I got home either. Good thing we just get to be the wife who supports.