Monday, September 14, 2009

I must say that our summer here in Indiana has just gotten away from us. Between hanging out at the zoo or going to the races we have really enjoyed the more simple life here in the midwest.
Mylee went to here first parade the other day in a little town outside of Evansville. Talk about redneck! It was a grand showcase of the finest ATVS and old cars this side of the Mississippi. Blond mullet beauties showered us with candy and the local deputies gave us a grand ole' wave. Mylee didn't know what to do with all the candy that seemed to keep falling from the sky. This is why I love living here, because things like this are still a big deal and the excitement is contagious. I wonder what they do when deer season starts?

4 comments:

teamfreedomshirts said...

Thank you for posting again! :) I can't believe you let her in that little boad all by herself! I would think my baby would try climbing out! :) And I LOVE the picture of Austin as a jockey! Needed that good laught this morning!

teamfreedomshirts said...

oops... I'm at work and signed in under some weird blog we made for some shirts. Sorry! It's Jamaica

Angie said...

Hey Austin. I got your blog site from your facebook page. Your little girl is so cute! I love the description of the parade! The people in the midwest are so down to earth and still take pleasure in simple things. Hearing your fun stories about it makes me want to go back to visit(I served my mission in Nebraska).

Tanaya and Tim said...

Tiffany! I found your blog and I'm so excited! How is everything going? Welcome to the east (okay, you're close). Let me know if you ever come to DC! Mylee is adorable. I'm sure Mindy and Thomas miss having you in AZ.