Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall has arrived!

Let's see, it's been so long since my last blog that I don't even know where to begin. I find myself only writing on my blog when I have nothing better to do and that's just sad. Usually I'm taking a nap instead of blogging. But it's time to catch up on past events in the life of a Muranaka.

We celebrated Austin's birthday last month. Since I'm terrible at making cute cakes so I talked Austin into letting me make him pie for his birthday instead. I don't know about you but I would take a pie over cake any day, especially apple pie. It was sure yummy and we invited friends over to share it, but due to the latest flu pandemic only a few could come.

A new fun Indiana tradition is the Fall Food Festival. It is a carnival/food fiasco where every type of weird thing you could eat is delivered up to you on a paper plate. We're talking Cow brain burgers, chocolate covered crickets and deep fried anything. It was quite the experience, and the food wasn't so bad either.

Then, last week Mylee and I accompanied Austin to a conference in Indianapolis where he was giving a presentation. It was only for a couple of days, but we still had a blast. It actually worked out nice because the hospital actually pays him to go to stuff like this, so it's like a free mini vacation. While Austin snored his way through meetings Mylee and I were racing through four levels of fun fun fun at the Children's Museum. We just played all day. The rest of the weekend was spend eating at nice restaurants we would never usually eat at and shopping at the mall. By the way, I'm no coupon fanantic, but when it comes to clothes I know how to get a deal. The other day at Banana Republic I bought a pair of pants for $2. Regularly $50. That's the only way I get new cloths, but I'm not complaining.


So that's what's up with us, now it's time for carving pumpkins, enjoying the crisp fall air and jumping in piles of red, yellow and orange leaves.











8 comments:

Shupe Family said...

I would take a pie over cake any day! I'm glad you guys had fun at Austin's conference. Love you guys!

Mel said...

I love fall! I can't believe it has been a year since you guys stayed with us. Wow, how time flies. It sure looks like Indiana is awesome.

Camie said...

sounds like fun! Wish we could do some shopping together. Some day right?! I got some good deals like that at Old Navy the other day, just not jeans I need you to help me find those kind of deals!

Channing said...

I miss my Mylee! And you guys too I guess. . . ;)I'm so glad you guys are having fun in your new home!

Adkins Family said...

Hey! I got your link off Tanaya's blog. I can't believe how big Mylee is! It looks like you guys are having a great time out there! Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite to our blog. mindy.adkins@hotmail.com

Kimi said...

Clearly I need to go shopping with you! I am a bargain shopper too. Looks like you guys have had a great summer.

Russell, Tiffany, Emily, Colby, Logan, and Charlotte said...

Tiffany how are you? I got blog off of Tanaya's blog. It sounds like you guys are having fun back east. I can't believe how big your daughter is getting! How old is she?

Peck Family said...

tiffany
sounds like you guys had a blast. i love free vacations! tiff you are looking great & happy! how's first year of residency coming along? i should call you. is your number the same?