Friday, May 14, 2010

My Excuse for not Posting

So usually my days consist of cleaning the house, doing laundry, playing with Mylee, and cooking, but for the past three weeks I have neglected all of my motherly duties and have just been sewing my guts out!!! It all started a few weeks ago when my husband told me the hospital was doing a craft fair and he suggested I do a booth. I have never envisioned myself as actually sewing enough to sell anything but I thought if I could convince my good friend Lindsay to go in on it with me then I would go for it. She and I gladly accepted the challenge and have been working nonstop for the last three weeks on dresses, skirts, bows and headbands.

Finally the day of the craft fair arrived and I think over all we did pretty well. We sold everything very reasonably and there was a pretty steady interest in our stuff. It was so much fun to watch someone get excited over something I actually made. I hope we get the chance to do it again, it was definitely worth it!! Thanks to Lindsay for all her hard work and for putting up with me.




Oh, and Mylee started swimming lessons this month, thanks Grandma, and she love love loves it!! She can't wait to show grandma everything she's learned.






5 comments:

Brianne said...

Oh my gosh!! You are so talented!!! I can not believe how big she is. How did this happen?

THE BANGARTS said...

Well, I have to say that I had an AMAZING, patient, hilarious teacher. Thank you for including me in such a fun experience. I found some talents I would have never thought that I had, thanks to you! And I'm all for more...bring it. Let the sewing begin!

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

Oh my heck, that is amazing!!! The pictures won't click bigger for some reason and I want to see everything so bad-- that is AWESOME!!!!

Channing said...

Tiff-- you rock! I'm so impressed with all of your adorable outfits! Save all of your patterns-- or if you made them up, then write them down, because someday I might have a little girl... and I'll need you to help me dress them pretty ;)
We'll fur sure have to take Mylee out to test out her fins...
Can't wait to see you guys... only 3 more weeks!!!

The Tichenor Family said...

Tiff, WOW! You really got mom's creative touch when it comes to sewing! Everything looks beautiful and so fun! Can't wait for you to show us more fun creative stuff you think of. You are awesome Tiff!