Friday, February 27, 2009

Mylee's First "Potty"

So last night marked a major milestone in my daughter's life,  Mylee actually went "tinkle" in the potty!!!  For the last couple of weeks she's been nagging me to take her "potty" and nothing ever actually happens, she just wants to play with the toilet paper, but last night was different.  She actually did it and I was so so so proud of her.  This morning she did it again, however, since then I've changed at least 3 diapers, but still I'm way excited that she's starting to get it.  Well, cross your fingers and wish me luck.  

Other than that my life is pretty simple right now. Austin's been studying like crazy for boards so we never see him, and I haven't had a car, so poor Mylee and I are getting cabin fever. But hopefully by next week things will be better.  

I was checking out one of my other friend's blog and she decided to write something about each one of her family members that she is grateful for.  I think I really need to do this, because sometimes I get overwhelmed by the few things they do wrong and I forget the million things they do right.   So let's start with the #1 person in my life, Austin.  He works so hard everyday, and instead of coming home depressed and stressed he greets me with a charming "hello" and a sweet kiss, the kind that make you feel like time has stopped for just a few seconds.  It makes me rethink my attitude and immediately calms my nerves and the worries from the day just seem to disappear. Than there's Mylee, a very close second, who is full of so much life it's contagious and you can't help but be sucked in to her world of wild and craziness.  It makes me remember what it was like to be a kid and I forget about being a grumpy old grown up for a change.  I love these two very much and I can't wait to tell 
you more  thing  I love about them.

2 comments:

The Draxler Days said...

Tiff, You are killing me...if I hear of one more kid that is much younger than Jaxon that is potty training themselves I think I will cry. I honestly haven't given it a good hearted effort, but that's cause I feel like it would just revert with all of the changes in our lifes. Hopefully before Ella is potty trained...Just kidding! We will say hopefully within the next few weeks we can start! You guys are so cute!

Tom said...

Good luck! Potty training is a fun adventure that takes a ton of patience and a lot of laundry.