Friday, February 6, 2009

A Real Texas BBQ



Last weekend we experienced an authentic, real life Texas BBQ cook off. It was a blast! You just paid an entrance fee and then you could eat as much food as you wanted.  We had BBQ brisket, BBQ chicken, BBQ sausages, and BBQ ribs and of coarse their famous slice of bread on the side.  I think you use it to mop up the extra BBQ sauce.  By the time we were done we all smelled of smoke and BBQ sauce.  I think Mylee was just relieved to finally get out of the house, but she seamed to have a  pretty fun time.  She finally fell asleep with exhaustion after  a few hours.
Austin's just working and studying hard for is second set of boards exam coming up in March.  One step closer to graduation, I can hardly wait. And I've been looking at homes in Indiana and getting super excited to be settled again.  This has been a crazy year and it will be so nice to finally have  a place to call home. 



My little cowgirl


I wouldn't want to be shot at with that



Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!




4 comments:

Mel said...

How fun! It looks like you guys have been having a great time while in Texas. I bet you can't wait to get to Indiana though and just be settled. Tell Austin good luck on Boards. I know Mark would like to be studying more; but with the new baby it has been hard.

Hipple Family said...

Mmmmmm........that is making my mouth water!!
We sure miss you guys!!

The Draxler Days said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there with you! How is the house looking coming? What fun. I am excited for you to be settled again also. It is good to feel more permanent somewhere! :)

Brady and Patrice said...

Man, you guys get to do so much fun stuff! That's so great! I hope you're enjoying everything. And mylee is getting so big! I bet she's turning into a little chatterbox. Good luck with all the upcoming stuff!