Friday, March 20, 2009

SUMMER TIME IN TEXAS

I know it may not feel like summer time anywhere else  in the country,(except Phoenix), but it sure feels like summer here.  We just skipped spring all together and we are just bathing in beautiful sunshine and loving the heat.  Summer is definitely my favorite season.  I just have way too many wonderful memories about summer.  The sweet smell of freshly cut grass, waking up to the lovely song of a bird, and making waves in the nearest pool. Oh, and I can't forget watermelon, fruit of the Gods!! 
Yesterday Austin got home early, so we headed to Sea World and faced the Spring Break crowds. The splash park was open and Mylee had no trouble jumping right in and getting completely soaked, clothes and all.  It was so hot though she was dry in an hour.  It was just nice to get out and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  My sentiments go out to all my poor friends not so fortunate to have as nice weather, but don't worry summer will be at your door before you know it.  








3 comments:

Shupe Family said...

Even though it is warm here, I am still jealous! I'm so glad Mylee loves the splash park! Darling pictures! I can't believe how much she is growing up. Can't wait to see you guys! Love you!

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

How fun!!

The Gentry's said...

I found your blog on Camille's. You have all been having all sorts of fun adventures!! Mylee is getting so big, isn't amazing how fast they grow. She is SO adorable.
I hope that Austin did/does well on his boards, you are almost there!